Panasonic releases Lumix DC-S5 — 4K Mirrorless Full-Frame
Full-frame mirrorless camera LUMIX S5 combines maneuverability with uncompromising still photo and video performance. The 4th model of the LUMIX S Series camera is born. Packing the essence of the conventional S Series camera in a compact, lightweight body, the new hybrid full-frame mirrorless camera LUMIX S5 provides excellent performance in both shooting photos and recording videos for serious, enthusiastic photographers and videographers.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, POWERFUL HYBRID CAMERA FOR VIBRANT STILL PHOTOGRAPHY AND CINEMATIC VIDEO:Realize your creative vision with a compact hybrid camera that delivers gorgeous, high-sensitivity still photography and extraordinary 4K 60p, 4:2:2 10-bit video recording, offering a FHD 180fps Slow Motion option as well as 4:3 Anamorphic support. The S5 is perfect for use when talking still photos or as a vlog camera.
- DETAILED PHOTO AND VIDEO THAT WILL DELIGHT ENTHUSIASTS AND EXPERTS ALIKE: The Lumix S5 makes it easy and accessible to capture content in impressive high resolution. 96MP High Resolution Recording mode delivers with clarity and precision. Dual Native ISO minimizes noise in high sensitivity. V-Log/V-Gamut compatibility offers a 14+ stop dynamic range to capture every detail.
- IMPROVED, HIGH-PRECISION AUTOFOCUS AND POWERFUL IMAGE STABILIZATION:Improved autofocus includes detection of the head as well as eyes, face and body, to capture subjects with ease and precision. 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 enables 6.5-stop slower shutter speed. Also equipped with Double SD memory card slot (UHS-II/UHS-I) for reliability.
- EXPANDED FEATURES OFFER NEW LEVELS OF CREATIVITY: Use Live View Composite mode to instantly create a stunning image out of several live shots; the shutter releases at designated intervals of exposure time to merge the bright parts into a single image. Useful for shooting fireworks or a starry sky.
- COMPACT, RESILIENT CAMERA SUSTAINS PROLONGED USE:The S5 has the lightweight portability you expect from LUMIX, and is dust and splash resistant* to withstand tough field use. Optimized heat dispersion ensures a stable, continuous video recording without interruption.
Panasonic LUMIX S5, 4K Mirrorless Full-Frame L-Mount Camera, LUMIX S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 Lens – (DC-S5KK)DC-S5KK
LUMIX S5 is a high-quality, high-performance hybrid full-frame mirrorless camera designed especially for content creators, helping you bring your ideas forward in breathtaking clarity and color. Still photos and video come alive using the latest advances in image resolution, image stabilization, and autofocus, all in the lightweight, compact, durable body that is the signature of Lumix.
At the heart of the camera, the LUMIX S5 contains a 24.2-megapixel 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor that boasts a wide dynamic range and high sensitivity performance made possible by sufficient light condensation. The LUMIX S5 further realizes recording maximum ISO51200 crystal-clear high sensitivity video with the adoption of the Dual Native ISO technology.
As a pioneer of photo/video hybrid mirrorless cameras, the LUMIX has the largest lineup of cameras that record 4K 10-bit video*2. As the latest member of the family, the LUMIX S5 is capable of 4K 60p/50p 4:2:0 10-bit, and 4K 30p/25p 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording. It is also capable of 4K 60p/50p 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output. For 4K 30p/25p 4:2:0 8-bit internal recording, there is no time limit. Panasonic’s exceptional heat dispersion technology realizes stable, long time video recording. The LUMIX S5 provides 14+ stops of dynamic range, which is as wide as those of cinema cameras, and V-Log / V-Gamut compatibility with popular colorimetry called “VariCam Look”. A variety of recording formats and modes including 4:3 Anamorphic mode, Slow & Quick Motion, 4K/60p interval shooting and 4K HDR are also provided.
The LUMIX S5 boasts high-speed, high-precision AF in both photo shooting and video recording that are made possible with advanced deep-learning technology featuring real-time detection of the subject’s type and parts such as human eye, face, head and body.
Combining the Body I.S. (5-axis) in the camera and the O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer, 2-axis) in the LUMIX S Series lens, the 5-axis Dual I.S.2 compensates for blurring even powerfully, allowing the use of a 6.5-stop*3 slower shutter speed. The splash/dust-resistant* rugged design provides professional photographers with high reliability.
To enhance the photographic experience, the 96-megapixel High Resolution Mode (JPEG/RAW), Live View Composite function and HLG Photo mode are available.
Thanks to the high energy efficiency and a new 2,200mAh high-capacity battery, it can capture approximately 470 pictures (using the LVF) / 1,500 pictures (in Power Save LVF mode). It complies with a USB power charging and power supply. Double SD Card slot (UHS-IIx1 and UHS-I x1), 5GHz/2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity are also supported. The LUMIX S Series full-frame mirrorless camera system adopts the L-Mount system to provide users with a diverse and future-proof range of products from Panasonic, Leica Camera and Sigma.
* Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
*2 Of mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, as of 2 September, 2020.
*3 Based on the CIPA standard [Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=200mm when S-E70200 is used. Firmware must be updated to the latest version.