LOWEL® LAUNCHES PROFESSIONAL GRADE CENTURY STANDS
Hauppauge, NY- August 11, 2020 – Lowel®, a division of The Tiffen Company, has launched the Lowel 40” C-Stands, a motion picture and photography industry standard for go-to accessories in the studio or on location. The 40-inch double-riser shaft is outfitted with unique ergonomic locking tri-knobs that offer a firm grip and secure hold. The familiar staggered leg height design allows nesting several stands close together, and fast deployment. Lowel C-stands follow industry standard sizes to perfectly fit on grip trucks or C-stand hangers. When combined with the Lowel grip head and arm, there’s no better tool for supporting light fixtures and light-modifiers like gobos, flags, silks, and scrims.
The turtle-base model C-stand (CTB-40) features spring-loaded legs for fast setup and breakdown and for easy travel and storage. The removable base with a 1⅛-inch junior receiver facilitates exchanging riser sections with accessories like a stand adapter for low-angle lighting or replacing the legs with a runway base for greater mobility.
The sliding-leg model C-stand (CSL-40) features a movable top leg that’s secured by a tri-knob. It’s designed for leveling the stand on uneven surfaces like stairs, hills, and curbs.
Lowel’s Grip Head (CGH-25) provides 5/8 and 3/8-inch holes for mounting grip arms and other lighting fixtures or grip equipment. The 40-inch Grip Arm (CGA-40) features a fixed 2.5-inch grip head and a pin with a flat recess that prevents slipping or rotating when mounting small light fixtures.
Features & Benefits
- Heavy-duty – designed for loads up to 22 lbs./10 kg
- Industry-standard size to perfectly stack & store on carts, grip truck hangers or studio racks
- Aluminum castings with stainless steel Helicoil inserts
- Captive “no backout” tri-knob handles with hex-nut wrench interface
- Tapered brass brakes for fast and secure riser adjustment
- Top riser with a welded knurled baby pin to prevent rotation of grip head or lighting fixture
- Spring-loaded and welded 1.5mm tube wall thickness steel legs
- Serrated Grip Head with an aluminum gasket to prevent slipping and sagging
- Stainless steel Grip Arm with flat recess pin to limit slipping or rotation of light fixtures
- Choice of Turtle Base or Sliding Leg Base
- Choice of electroplated chrome or powder-coated black finish